Saturday, December 29, 2018

2019 Reading Challenge for Kids

I love checking off list.  Each year I look for a reading challenge for myself and see how much of it I can do.  I like that it often pushes me out of what I normally would be reading and usually I find a treasure of a book I wouldn't have read otherwise.  This year I read 15 out of 24 on Book Riot's 2018 Read Harder Challenge, I'm also working my way though the 100 books on The Great American Read, and The Gilmore Girls Book List (339 books).  I may never finish these challenges and that's okay, I do it for fun and to read something different.
It's about time for me to find my 2019 Reading Challenge but as I was thinking about that I thought of all the great Children's books I've read this year and how it might be fun for some kids or even adults to have a reading challenge for children.  I came up with a list of 11 categories that would be fun for parents and children of all ages to do.  This is a great beginner's list that can be applied to preschoolers to go through with their parents or a tween could do if they enjoy lists and reading.  I hope you can find some new favorite books with your kids with this challenge and most of all have fun reading!!


2019 Reading Challenge for Kids:


  • A book that make you laugh
  • A one word title book
  • A favorite children's book of a loved one
  • A book with a monkey in it
  • A book with a title that starts with the same letter as your first name
  • A holiday book
  • A book about school
  • A book with a blue cover
  • A book published in 2019
  • A book recommended by a teacher or librarian
  • A book about an occupation that is an interest to you


Are you looking for your own adult challenge?  Check out these challenges for 2019:

I'd love to hear what books your kids read for each category, you can share with me in the comments below, or join the conversation around children's books and literacy on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biggest Love of All

Love. There are candy hearts  and teddy bears, cards and books  filling the shelves. TV commercials  and billboard signs, all...